[Wien] Orientation dependent ELNES and Euler angles

Jakob B. Wagner wagner_j at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Fri Mar 26 09:58:43 CET 2004

Hi all

I'm trying to do some orientation dependent ELNES simulation to which I have
the following questions:

I'm dealing with a monoclinic structure (MoO2) beta=120deg.

As far as I have figured out the initial in the ELNES simulations is that
the electron beam is parallel to the c-axis of the structure (or is it
antiparallel)
How is the a- and b-axis aligned to the x- and y-axis of the cartesian
refenrence system used together with the Euler angles?

Which convention of the Euler angles are used: ZYZ or ZXZ?

Jakob

Jakob B. Wagner, Ph.D.
FHI-MPG Berlin