[Wien] Slab calculations

Javad Hashemifar s_javad at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 17:18:38 CET 2004

> It seems to me that, until you get a handle on the SCF convergence,
> you should reduce Rkmax considerably, maybe down to 6, so that
> the calculations will go faster.  Later on, you can see how properties
> converge as a function of Rkmax.

Hello,
I think for MT sphere of 3 au RKmax=6 is too small.
about oscillation in energy, if the DIS parameter is decreasing in scf cycle I
think there is no problem and my slab calculations also shows energy
oscillation at the few first iterations.
but if there is DIS oscillation without any trend to convergency, then I think
the first trick that you can try is reducing mixing factor and if the problem
persist after using small mixing factor, increasing number of k-points may
solve this problem,
Bests,
Javad Hashemifar

=====