[Wien] performance problem using ifort + Goto's lib

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Mar 30 09:33:25 CEST 2004

P4 (3.2 GHz) is probably not enough to specify a system. Motherboard, memory,
and specific version of the processor (cache, hypertrading,...) may change
the performance by these 10-15 %.

The "228" seconds were reported by
Lutz Rauscher" <rauscher at qms.cache.waseda.ac.jp>
and confirmed by
Jose Mestnik Filho <jmestnik at baitaca.ipen.br>:
"The computers are pentium 4HT, 3.2 Gh, dual
channel memory, 1 Gb memory each, expandable until 4Gb. The test_case
matches exactly with the known benchmarks (226 s)."