[Wien] Charged supercells

Daniel Fernández Hevia dhevia at physics.usyd.edu.au
Fri May 14 10:51:04 CEST 2004

Dear Prof. Blaha

Yes, I agree with Stefaan: crystal clear. Thank you very much. Everything
makes much more sense now.

Just one more thing: why do you run_lapw twice? Is just because you
(logically) want to have the results for both the neutral and the charged
cell? or is there any another reason that I'm missing?

Put another way: say I follow your steps 1-6 and, at the end, I want to run
a new calculation in a different charge state. Could I just "save_lapw -d
charged1_scf" and then repeat the steps 4-6? Or should I start again with
the neutral atoms in a new directory?

My most sincere gratitude for your help, and best wishes to all WIEN users.

Daniel

Daniel Fernández Hevia
School of Physics
The University of Sydney