[Wien] undefined function calls when linking to BLAS/LAPACK

kjharris kjharris at ualberta.ca
Sat May 15 01:07:07 CEST 2004

I may have it working but I am not sure. I see the example in the wien faq
still links to the lapack_lapw that comes with wien rather than the optimized
one compiled with ATLAS. Is this the way it should be done? I can now compile
succesfully by linking liblapack_lapw.a in addition to the libf77blas.a and
libatlas.a (from optimization of ATLAS). But if I try to use the liblapack.a
from ATLAS, I get a lot of undefined subroutine reference errors (maybe
because ATLAS does not provide a full version of lapack?).

Should I bother trying to get the ATLAS lapack going or is this unecessary?

As an aside, thanks for pointing the necessity for making the ATLAS libs work
with ifort properly, once I realized this, I followed the errata FAQ and built
an alternate interface that works (for blas anyway)