[Wien] symmetry and *in2

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed May 19 21:20:38 CEST 2004

Doing a calculation with less symmetry operations should be possible, as
long as you have enough SO to transform equivalent atoms into each other.

However, I don't see any reason to do this (except in special cases for
ELNES,...)
Reducing the SO should increase the k-mesh, because you calculate some
k-points twice (or more often) which MUST have identical eigenvalues.

In addition the K-vector list of the fourierseries increase, because
equivalent k-vectors become nonequivalent.

If you do get different E-tot then something is not correct. As far as I
could see from a quick check (sgroup) the 4 symmetryoperations should be
correct.

Probably this needs a more systematic investigation from the very
beginning (first iteration: compare eigenvalues of 2 and 4-calc, compare
equivalent k-points,....)