[Wien] optimization doku

L. D. Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Mon Nov 15 22:06:34 CET 2004

I'm not sure I can answer you question. The philosphy to follow is:
1) .min_hess from a previous run is probably a good guess for the Hessian
to use, so copy it to .minrestart (or use a recent min_lapw which will do
this for you).
2) When you do a new run, case.finM & case.tmpM from an old run (with some
different parameters, e.g. lattice constants) are not relevant so should
be deleted.

If you are getting small forces in case.scf, the minimization has worked;
if not then you did something wrong. Sorry that I cannot answer your
specific question.

Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
2225 N Campus Drive