[Wien] GGA and lanthanides

Saeid Jalali sjalali at phys.ui.ac.ir
Tue Nov 16 08:54:12 CET 2004

As atomic and ionic crystal radii depend strongly to the their environment and vary from one case to another, the localization or delocalization of f-electrons also vary from one case to another. Thus keeping in mind the following two points may be helpful:
1. We must always make sure about the localization or delocalization behavior of f-electrons in an specific case, and do not try to generalize the behavior of f-electrons from one case to all the other cases.
2. There are many insensitive parameters to correlation of strongly correlated electrons so that making sure about the behavior using them does not make sense.

Sincerely yours,
S. Jalali
/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Saeid Jalali Asadabadi,
Department of Physics, Faculty of Science,
University of Isfahan (UI), Hezar Gerib Avenue,
81744 Isfahan, Iran.
Phones:
Dep. of Phys.  :+98-0311-793 2435
Office             :+98-0311-793 2430