[Wien] Decomposition of total energy

Abir De Sarkar sarkar at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Fri Nov 19 11:08:53 CET 2004

Dear All,

Is it easily possible to decompose the total energy into contributions
from core, semi-core and valence states.
As I understand, there is a difficult way around. In the case.output1
file, a list of eigen-values for the different k-points is provided,
where the distinction between the semi-core and the valence states
become quite obvious.
Again, the core level energies are provided in the case.scf file. So,
its possible to pick up each contribution separately. What I am
interested to know is whether it is readily available in some output
file of WIEN.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Dr. Abir De Sarkar
Fritz-Haber-Institut der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft,
Abteilung Theorie (Theory Department), Office : T 1.03
Faradayweg 4-6, D-14195 Berlin (Germany)
             (http://www.fhi-berlin.mpg.de/th)
e-mail : sarkar at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
PHONE: +49 30 8413 4852 (O), +49 30 832 5439 (R)
FAX: +49 30 8413 4701
WWW : http://www.fhi-berlin.mpg.de/th/member/desarkar_a.html
      http://www.fhi-berlin.mpg.de/th/reuter/catalysis.html
                     __o
                   _`\<,_
                  (_)/ (_)
"THE PAST IS HISTORY, FUTURE IS A MYSTERY, NOW IS A GIFT ;
THAT'S  WHY IT IS CALLED THE PRESENT. ENJOY WHILE IT LASTS."

"YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN A PERFECTLY
GOOD PRESENT BY WORRYING ABOUT THE FUTURE."