[Wien] Is there any effect on the calculation results for different substitution sites?

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Tue Nov 23 10:04:07 CET 2004

This depends on what you mean... but to supplement Stefaans comment, I
can say that if the physics stay the same (a unitary transformation
exist that can transform one of these sites into another), then you can
use the "different" sites to check if the calculation is accurate
enough, since the DOS, etc. should not change. Using one or another
supercell for the "same" calculation should not change anything unless
//calculation is incorrect//program is wrong//accuracy is not high
enough (RMT*kmax, k-points, GMAX, U)//maybe other reasons as well...

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.

--
Dr. Torsten Andersen        TA-web: http://deep.at/myspace/
AG Hübner, Department of Physics, Kaiserslautern University