[Wien] Optical properties

Fred Nastos nastos at physics.utoronto.ca
Fri Nov 26 19:34:32 CET 2004

On November 26, 2004 11:59 am, Chukwuemeka Okoye wrote:
> Yes, I got negative spectra in the energy region specified.

OK.  So then it's not a spin related problem, right?  Does this
happen for other materials?  What conductivity do you get for
bulk Aluminium, or something simpler (like Sodium)?

Can you look at the output files from optic and make sure that
the output is positive.  I don't remember offhand the details of
which expression is used to calculate the conductivity (you can
jiggle the expressions around by partial integration) but I think
the output from optic should be all positive in this case.