[Wien] The calculated-error of the magnetic moment

ccmp at nju.edu.cn ccmp at nju.edu.cn
Mon Nov 29 10:37:34 CET 2004

Dear Dr. Stefaan Cottenier

Thank you very much for your reply.

I had done a calculation for a cuprate, which has 40 atoms in a unit cell.

Since our result shows this cuprate is insulator, the spin magnetic moment MUST be an integer number of Bohr magnetons. However, our calculated spin magnetic moment in unit cell is 1.01 Bohr magnetons, not equal exactly to 1.00 Bohr magnetons.

Do you think this small difference (smaller than one percent) is usual and acceptable?

Best wish!

Xiangang