[Wien] RE:how to install on IBM p650 (to Torsten Andersen)

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Tue Nov 30 08:05:19 CET 2004

Dear Kongshi,

it depends on your system installation and what you need to use it for.

1. I would recommend that you set the "shared memory system" and use
k-point parallisation. I have not installed the MPI parallel version.

I can't help you with the IBM load leveler, since I am using the Sun
Grid Engine (SGE) where a queue-system is necessary.

2. Depends on your shell... if you use csh, tcsh, or similar, it should
just be to call the script userconfig_lapw. I have never touched w2web
myself, but if you have a recent version of perl installed, it should be
as easy as is written in the manual :-) Otherwise, get perl and install
that first. If you are running a firewall, you need to open the port you
intend to use for w2web.

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.

--
Dr. Torsten Andersen        TA-web: http://deep.at/myspace/
AG Hübner, Department of Physics, Kaiserslautern University