[Wien] final states and case.inc

Michael Gurnett michael.gurnett at kau.se
Sun Oct 3 08:44:39 CEST 2004

That would entail that in order to compare the initial and final state core
level shifts I would need to determine a new reference point for the final
state calculations which would be zero. Do people generally just take a
couple of bulk atoms and perform final state calculations on these so as to
determine the zero position (for those that don't do photoemission, surface
core level shifts are generally referenced to a bulk component which is
located at 0 energy).

Michael