[Wien] LDA+U method

Jorissen Kevin Kevin.Jorissen at ua.ac.be
Tue Oct 12 13:36:50 CEST 2004

Two good ideas :

* update to the latest version of wien (WIEN2k_04.10, I believe)
* check out the users guide.  Read especially the parts 4.5.6 and 7.2
The key points are :
- you should prepare an input file specifying the LDA+U parameters
- you should use run_lapw -orb  (or select the option 'orbital dependence' in w2web, which will probably take you to the input file case.inorb straight away, and then launch the SCF job)

Good luck,

Kevin Jorissen

EMAT - Electron Microscopy for Materials Science   (http://webhost.ua.ac.be/emat/)
Dept. of Physics