[Wien] FSM in parallel?

Michelle Johannes johannes at lifshitz.physics.ucdavis.edu
Thu Oct 14 21:16:42 CEST 2004

Dear Wien users,

Does the fixed spin moment procedure work in parallel at all?  I have
tried it with several different compounds (runfsm_lapw -p -m xx with xx my
intended moment) and the result never has the correct moment, even once
the calculation is converged (and it does converge with no other
problems).  Serial calculations of the same systems with FSM work just
fine.  I note that the message "parallel version not tested" comes up -
should I take this to mean that only the serial version works?  If anyone
has successfully run FSM calculations in parallel, I would welcome your
advice.

	Thank you,
	Michelle