[Wien] compiling lstart with Lahey, Fortran REWIND.

Fred Nastos nastos at physics.utoronto.ca
Sat Oct 16 23:51:48 CEST 2004

I am helping some colleagues compile, and setup WIEN2k on a cluster with
the Lahey compiler.  We have the latest download.

In SRC_lstart/lstart.f, around line 71, are the lines
       OPEN(IUNIT,FILE=NAME,STATUS=STATUS,FORM=FORM,ERR=8002)
       REWIND iunit

Is the REWIND command required?  When a file is opened is it not allready at
the start?

The lstart executable compiled with the Lahey compiler crashes at this line
with the error:
	A file positioning statement cannot be executed for a
	terminal device (unit=5).
It looks like Lahey doesn't like to REWIND units 5 or 6 (stdin/stdout).

The easiest fix I can see is to simply comment out the REWIND command, but I
just want to know if that has some adverse side-effects.  Any other caveats I
should know when dealing with the Lahey compiler?

Thank you for your time.