[Wien] calculations of U

strutza at bgumail.bgu.ac.il strutza at bgumail.bgu.ac.il
Fri Oct 22 07:55:36 CEST 2004

> I am interested in doing calculations of U. And I would
> like to ask if anyone is working or has worked with that
> element using WIEN2k and have some publications about it.

There is a recent PRL by R. Laskowski (2004) on UO2 (using
noncollinear wien2k). If you don't have oxides but metallic
U-
compounds, regular LDA/GGA+spin-orbit calculations should
be OK
(itinerant 5f electrons). The in1new scheme can be useful
here,
because the fermi energy for actinides is usually rather
large, such
that the default 0.3 Ry linearization energies are not too
good.

Stefaan

Stefaan,

Thank you very much. It is exactly the information that I
need.

Angelica.