[Wien] lapw0 in parallel

Jorissen Kevin Kevin.Jorissen at ua.ac.be
Fri Oct 22 19:01:41 CEST 2004

I do not think 15 minutes is unreasonable for lapw0 of a large case.

As to the remark I posted earlier, I think I formulated it rather unclearly.  I have sometimes experienced that many lapw0's running on a server somewhat become a bottleneck, and then it is useful to just run them remotely on a node and keep the server free.  This is not parallellization, it is merely working remotely.  Of course, contrarily to the MPI case, this will not intrinsically make lapw0 faster (perhaps even slower, if your nfs really sucks).  It will only use your hardware more efficiently.
That is the only point I was trying to make (and, indeed, the only thing the mentioned script will do to help you).

Kevin Jorissen

EMAT - Electron Microscopy for Materials Science   (http://webhost.ua.ac.be/emat/)
Dept. of Physics

UA - Universiteit Antwerpen