[Wien] LSDA+U for triclinic system

Hua Wu wu at wuix.ph2.uni-koeln.de
Mon Oct 25 15:14:40 CEST 2004

Dear Peter Blaha,

  Thanks for your reply.
  Following your suggestions as below, I preformed new calculations
with both the Oct2004 and Jun2004 versions, and compared with the
previous results obtained with WIEN2k_2002. For the real-mode
calculations, three versions yielded the same total energies;
and so did for complex-mode calculations. However, the real-
and complex-mode calculations for the same system gave very
different total energies as I mentioned before (see below).

I checked also the scf file, which does not indicate a presence
of some new ordering due to lowered symmetry in the complex calculations.
Moreover, I don't think this large energy difference of about 1 eV per
transition-metal atom (if it might be accepted ??) can be accounted
for by an orbital ordering if present. Rather there may be something
wrong in the WIEN2k complex calculations for a triclinic system ?

Can you pls reconsider the above problem I reported,
and looking forward to your reply.

Any suggestions from WIEN2K community are welcome.

thanks a lot -- Hua Wu