[Wien] Ni-non magnetic problem with GGA

Andrei Postnikov apostnik at uni-osnabrueck.de
Tue Oct 26 20:47:33 CEST 2004

Hallo Dominik,

Some discontinuity might occur as the number of vectors
in the G-summation experiences jumps at some volumes,
as you keep GMAX fixed, but vary the volume -
and hence reciprocal lattice constant.
The effect must decrease as you take larger GMAX.
How large - depends.
GMAX=12 is anyway too small for a reliable GGA calculation.
Fine G-mesh is less essential for LDA, that's why
you don't see problems there.

Good luck,

Andrei Postnikov

 +-- Dr. habil. Andrei Postnikov ----- Tel. +49-541-969.2377 -- Fax .2351 ---+
 | Universitaet Osnabrueck - Fachbereich Physik, D-49069 Osnabrueck, Germany |
 +-- apostnik at uos.de --------- http://www.home.uni-osnabrueck.de/apostnik/ --+