[Wien] setup of slab calculation

Fred Nastos nastos at physics.utoronto.ca
Wed Sep 15 16:05:33 CEST 2004

: Torsten Andersen wrote:
:> larger.  Does that mean I need to change the relative coordinates of
:> the atoms by hand?  I could write something to do this, but is there
:> some utility that does that allready?
:
: This is correct. I don't know of any existing programs for that. I do it

| Steven Homolya wrote:
| The "supercell" script that comes with wien2k will do the job.

: Torsten Andersen wrote:
:> but is it possible to neglect the warnings and run the code with
:> my original choice of axes?  I would guess that I just need to be
:> careful about the symmetry matrices I provide at the end of the
:> struct file, no?

: This should be possible. And "symmetry" will find the right
: symmetries for you without chaning the lattice or axes. In this
: case you can ignore "sgroup".

Steven, Torsten, Thanks for your help.  Much apprecitaed.