[Wien] about compile on HITACHI

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Thu Sep 16 08:19:00 CEST 2004

Dear Mr. Wang,

WANG Yuan Xu wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> What 's mean the the fortran compiler option "-qarch=pwr3"?

It means compile to the Power3 architecture from IBM. Your Hitachi
computer is a Power4-based machine (IBM Power4 or Power4+ processors,
which on the IBM compiler would be "-qarch=pwr4"), but the Hitachi
compiler might have its own options, and if nobody else on the list have
experiences with this machine.

Try to compile with "-q64 -O3" first (that is, change "compiler options"
AND "linker options" in siteconfig_lapw to "-q64 -O3"). Find out where
your BLAS/Lapack routines are, or compile the WIEN Lapack/BLAS first. It
is not recommended to use the WIEN BLAS routines if there exist a
specific BLAS (or "scientific" - they have all sorts of names) library
for the Hitachi. Also, leave out the "bmaxdata" statement - that is for
old depricated systems.

Tell us also what kind of errors you get, please. You might want to try
to compile a single program first, and I would recommend lapw1.

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.

> I want to compile wien2k on HITACHI sisytem,there are many error.
>

> Best
>

> WANG Yuan Xu
> National Institute for Materials Science
> Computational Materials Science Center
> Namiki 1-1, Tsukuba 305-0044, Japan
> Phone +81-29-8513354-8092; Fax +81-29-8531207
> wang.yuanxu at nims.go.jp
> 2004-09-16

Dr. Torsten Andersen        TA-web: http://deep.at/myspace/
AG Hübner, Department of Physics, Kaiserslautern University
http://cmt.physik.uni-kl.de    http://www.physik.uni-kl.de/