[Wien] View Structure with XCrysDen

Steven Steven Homolya Steven.Homolya at spme.monash.edu.au
Thu Sep 16 11:45:39 CEST 2004

Dear Mahmoud & Mick,

Doing xhost+ is a big security risk. It lets _any_ machine connect to the X server.

A safer option is:

$ xhost +w2web.host.name

Anyway, on a debian box I have the same problem and xhost does not fix it. I'm happy to run xcrysden from the command line, so I never really looked into it.

I think it's an issue of security. By default the w2web host does not allow connection to an external X server and/or the client does not allow the host to connect to the X server it is running.

If the host and client are the same redhat box, you could try disabling the firewall after disconnecting from the internet.

Steve