[Wien] narrow band at the Fermi level in organic system

Hailand haiyuechina at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 28 00:51:37 CEST 2004

Dear Wien2k  users :
   I have calculated a larger organic system (the space group is  P21/n and there are 36 inequivalent atoms in the unit cell ). The DOS shows that there is a narrow spin-up band (about 0.3ev wide) crossing the Fermi level. But the band  calculation along the k direction like A(0,0,0)--->B(0,-1,0)--->C(0,-1,-1)-- D(0,0,0)  shows that there is only a much narrower band (only about 0.04 eV) near the Fermi level. I have also chosen  several other k directions,  but the spin-up band near the Fermi level are all about only 0.04eV wide. These k points are  generated by the XcrysDen program.   Furthermore, the E-k  dispersion is not very smooth as usual case. I want to know if someone can help me to solve this problem.

Thanks
 Hai