[Wien] My calculation can not converge!!!

saeid jalali s_jalali_a at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 6 06:57:13 CEST 2005

I am sure you meant *.inm and not *.in1! According to
my knowledge from the last discussions in the
mailinglist (maybe two years ago) mixing parameter in
the PRATT scheme in the case.inorb should not be taken
so far from one to avoid confusing with the other
mixing parameter in the case.inm: 1 as a mixing
parameter in the PRATT mixmod in the case.inorb is an
optimized value for most cases.
However mixing parameter in the case.inm can be
reduced even to 0.001 if necessary.
Another point is this that the convergence of the
LDA+U calculations depends on the initial conditions.
Your,
Saeid.