[Wien] Structure viewer

L. D. Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Sun Apr 10 16:12:46 CEST 2005

I would like to mention to Wien users that both the
atoms software for viewing (beta version) and the cryscon program
at http://www.shapesoftware.com now have beta versions for reading in,
displaying and manipulating wien case.struct files.

Disclaimer: I have no financial interest in the company. My group has used
the programs for many years, and the addition of code to read a wien2k
file was done at my request.

Two brief comments:
1)  Only three-letter extensions are accepted - ".struct" will not be
recognized, although you can do this manually in the file dialog.  The
nominal extension is ".stw" but this can be changed.

2)  You should normally select "symmetry from xyz positions" rather than
from symbol in the main import dialog.  The space-group number and symbol
will be read, but there may be ambiguities in orientation so it is best to
use the actual symmetry matrices from the file.

Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
2220 N Campus Drive
Northwestern University