[Wien] lapw2 error

Saeid Jalali s_jalali_a at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 19 19:31:19 CEST 2005

It was also recently reported by Arash Fathi,
http://zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/pipermail/wien/2005-April/005105.html,
a similar problem. However, no one could/would help
him.
Here I would also report (I am not sure if it is a
bug?) that the open core calculation -- which is also
not a good treatment, while LDA+U is there --  using
the latest version of the code, WIEN2k_05.2, does not
work properly.

It seems that the WIEN2k_05.2 version is very
sensitive to the linearization energies to prevent a
bad calculation.
You may either use the before last version of the
code, WIEN2k_05.1, or try to find the source of the
error.
In the later case either find proper linearization
energies turning off the -in1new switch, or change
some parameters like separation energy, RMT radii,
number of kpints, or RKmax.

However, as it will be a frequently question if we
would keep such a sensitivity, maybe we may make it
more highlight in the FAQ.

Your,
Saeid.

--- yan song <y.song at qmul.ac.uk> wrote:
> I tried to run wien2k_05 for my old cases. When I
> used the 1x1x1 k points,
> the job was done properly, but when I increased the
> k points, such as 1x1x2
> or 3x3x6, each time, the job was stopped by the
> lapw2 error as following:
>
> 'l2main' - QTL-B.GT.7., Ghostbands, check scf files
>
> Can anyone help me sort out it?
>

> Thanks
>
> Yan Song
> Department of Materials,
> Queen Mary, University of London
> Mile End Road, London E1 4NS
> UK

Sincerely yours,
S. Jalali.
/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Saeid Jalali Asadabadi,
Department of Physics, Faculty of Science,
University of Isfahan (UI), Hezar Gerib Avenue,
81744 Isfahan, Iran.
Phones:
Dep. of Phys.      :+98-0311-793 2435
Office             :+98-0311-793 2430