[Wien] Regarding to Murnaghan Equation in volume optimization

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Apr 21 10:01:53 CEST 2005

> The exact expression is even printed in the outputeos file!
> E=B*V/BP*(1/(BP-1)*(V0/V)**BP +1)

That was the incomplete expression I was refering to in my previous post. As
was mentioned earlier (ML Jan 20, 2005) the expression that is used
internally is:

E=E0+[B*V/BP*(1/(BP-1)*(V0/V)**BP +1)-B*V0/(BP-1)]/14703.6

It would avoid confusion if in outputeos the full expression is printed. The
printed expression for the pressure is the correct one (in the message of
Jan 20, I said there was also there a factor 14703 missing, but I was
wrong).

btw: that mailing list Google search is great !

Stefaan