[Wien] compiler pathscale

Atwood, Robert C r.atwood at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Aug 2 00:54:33 CEST 2005

I have a problem compiling for Intel x86_64-suse-linux-gnu; (suse 9.1 with updates from yast) cluster configured by ClusterVision  I cannot get the loader to find the correct combination of Intel libraries, in some SRC directories the make system seems to be tryign to mix 64- and 32- bit libraries.

For example, if I try ot make SRC_filtvec, it returns that 'libmkl_lapack' is not found. But the static .a version , at least  is in the path referred to in LD_LIBRARY_PATH ?  If I move things around or run the link step manually, I can get it to stop complainig about libmkl_lapack but then it starts complaining about -lmkl_ia32

Any ideas from more experience WIEN installers/ cluster sys admins would be appreciated

Robert

********************  console capture ***********************************
SUBSHELL> hive2:/sources/local/wien/test/SRC_filtvec # make
if [ -f .complex ]; then \
   make clean; \
fi
touch .real
cp -p param.inc_r param.inc
make TYPE='REAL' TYPE_COMMENT='!_REAL' ./filtvec
make[1]: Entering directory `/hive2tmp/sources/local/wien/test/SRC_filtvec'
ifort -o ./filtvec filtvec.o main.o info.o  -Vaxlib -static-libcxa -pthread -lmkl_lapack -lmkl_ia32 -lguide
ld: cannot find -lmkl_lapack
make[1]: *** [filtvec] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/hive2tmp/sources/local/wien/test/SRC_filtvec'
make: *** [real] Error 2
SUBSHELL> hive2:/sources/local/wien/test/SRC_filtvec # echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/usr/local/Cluster-Apps/mpi/ge/gcc/64/1.2.6.1/lib/shared:/usr/local/Cluster-Apps/intel/fce/8.1-026//lib:/usr/local/Cluster-Apps/intel/mkl/7.21.003/lib/em64t/
SUBSHELL> hive2:/sources/local/wien/test/SRC_filtvec # ls /usr/local/Cluster-Apps/intel/mkl/7.21.003/lib/em64t
.            libmkl_def.so       libmkl_lapack.a  libmkl_vml_def.so
..           libmkl_em64t.a      libmkl_p4n.so    libmkl_vml_p4n.so
libguide.a   libmkl_lapack32.so  libmkl.so        libvml.so
libguide.so  libmkl_lapack64.so  libmkl_solver.a
SUBSHELL> hive2:/sources/local/wien/test/SRC_filtvec #