[Wien] 64 Bit x86_64 compile

Atwood, Robert C r.atwood at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Aug 2 20:26:18 CEST 2005

In the intel/mkl/7.21.003/lib/em64t directory there are libraries called libmkl_lapack32.so and libmkl_lapack64.so , both of which 'file' as 64 bit objects. I dont' know what the difference is, but they differ.  I was wondering if this is known to make any difference for the wien2k code ...  but actually it doesn't compile with -lmkl_lapack32 so that answers my question. There is also a libmkl_lapack.a (no 32 or 64) that also works.  I suppose one must consult the Intel people  to find out what the purpose of the 32 suffix library compiled in 64 bits is supposed to be for.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH not signifying at compile time -- I agree, but where does the build find the location /usr/local/Cluster-Apps/intel/fce/8.1-026//lib/ for the Intel libraraies? I did not enter this into the siteconfig and yet it is found correctly during build, even the erroneous double-slash as in the environment variable is replicated. The 'environment module' only alters PATH, MANPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH :

set              root                 /usr/local/Cluster-Apps/intel/fce/8.1-026/
append-path      PATH                 $root/bin
append-path      MANPATH              $root/man
append-path      LD_LIBRARY_PATH      $root/lib

Anyway it is compiled now so it's a moot point.

******** some error messages if -L [path-to-mkl]/em64t  -lmkl -lmkl_lapack32 -lvml is used ************
bandv1.o(.text+0xbcf): In function `bandv1_':
: undefined reference to `dlarnv_'
dgeqrl.o(.text+0x179): In function `dgeqrl_':
: undefined reference to `dlarf_'
(lots more)

******** some error messages if -L [path-to-mkl]/em64t  -lmkl -lvml is used ************
bandv1.o(.text+0xbcf): In function `bandv1_':
: undefined reference to `dlarnv_'
dgeqrl.o(.text+0x179): In function `dgeqrl_':
: undefined reference to `dlarf_'
dgeqrl.o(.text+0x307): In function `dgeqrl_':