[Wien] PHON or Phonon software

georg at chem.au.dk georg at chem.au.dk
Sat Aug 13 15:58:07 CEST 2005

Dear Angelica

 I've used WIEN with the PHON program and like it a lot. It doesn't calculate as
many properties as the Parlinski program, but it's a simple program so it's
easy to put them in yourself.
I have some usefull scripts for using it (similar to the set-up scripts for
PHONON in WIEN)
http://www.chem.au.dk/~webuorg/new/groups/gm/gm.html

I like that PHON is free, you get the source code and it runs under Unix

  Best wishes
     Georg

--
Georg Madsen