[Wien] problem with B.S of InSb and InAs

Ali Reshak maalidph at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 30 18:56:09 CEST 2005

Hi all user
I have calculated the band structure , DOS and optical properties of the semiconductors InP, InSb and InAs. The band structure for GaP is ok, but for InAs and InSb show overlap around Gamma. that means it show them as metallic. i know its wrong result because they are semicounductords. So i asking how to solve this problem. Some one told me it negative energy gap (the nagative sign means that there is overlap around Gamma), is it so? please any one can explain to me this... and what the solution..and the discussion for this case..
thank a lot
A. H. Reshak