[Wien] how to distinguish electrons in d(eg) orbital

Hua Wu wu at ph2.uni-koeln.de
Thu Dec 1 15:14:22 CET 2005

Since you used the cubic symmetry, you can only get
the eg and t2g occupation number, which is recorded
as **, ***, 0, 0, 0. There is no problem.

But if you lower the symmetry, you would find the occupation
number of x2-y2, 3z2-r2, xy, xz and/or yz, depending on whether
they are splitted or not.

regards -- H. Wu