[Wien] Re: help me (error while loading shared libraries!)

Martin Kroeker martin at ruby.chemie.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Dec 2 11:15:25 CET 2005

What does the command

echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

return for you ? This should return the /opt/intel_fc_80... path as
written in the bashrc, not just a blank line.  I suspect that the export
command for LD_LIBRARY_PATH in your .bashrc is still not executed
correctly.
Is the export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt..." on a single line, or is it actually
split up into two lines, like in your mail ? There should be no linebreak
between the "export" and the "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=". If you have two lines,
they will be executed as separate commands, an "export" which just lists
what is already exported, and a local LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting that will be
unknown to the "x lapw1".

If the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is correct, but it still does not work, try
ldd /home/mqcai/WIEN2K_05/lapw1
this will return a list of all libraries that lapw1 depends upon, and a
"not found" for any that cannot be located. Possibly the problem is not
with libguide.so itself, but with some other library that is needed by
libguide.so.

Hope this helps,
Martin
Dr. Martin Kroeker            martin at ruby.chemie.uni-freiburg.de
c/o Prof.Dr. Caroline Roehr
Institut fuer Anorganische und Analytische Chemie der Universitaet Freiburg