AW: [Wien] magnetic calculation

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be
Thu Dec 8 13:27:41 CET 2005

Aditionnaly, it is sometimes necessary to take also the geometry of the
unit cell into account. At a fixed set of lattice constants, a
ferromagnetic solution might have a lower energy than a nonmagnetic one,
but at another set of lattice constants it might be different. Finding
the correct predicition for the ground state can be a lot of work...
(and then I don't even mention high-spin/low-spin ferromagnetic
solutions that might both exist, possible noncollinear magnetism, more
complex arrangements than just simple antiferromagnetic,.... -- in
principle all of them have to be tried, and all of them as a function of
unit cell geometry).

Stefaan