[Wien] linearization energy and local orbit

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be
Sat Dec 10 15:12:48 CET 2005

If your compound does not contain too heavy atoms and is bulk (not a
surface slab), then use the defaults without -in1new first. After
convergence, switch on -in1new, and see whether the automatically found
linearization energies are similar to the default ones. If you want to
be really careful, check also the DOS to see whether the ESEPER
variables from case.in2 are suitable for your compound.

If the automatic values were comparable to the default ones, you have
the choice which method to use for final calculations. If they differ
strongly (>0.20 Ry?), you are better off with the automatic ones.

Stefaan