[Wien] Possible bugs in Bandstructure

Michael Gurnett michael.gurnett at kau.se
Sun Feb 20 18:33:14 CET 2005

Both problems occur both in w2web preview and looking at the ene file in
origin. In the case of the first problem one clearly see a difference
between just having the k vector increase than selecting the correct path in
the symmetry points in xcrysden (which gives the correct appearance). With
just having the k-vector increase just seems to reflect the bandstructure at
a given point and then go back to gamma.

As to the second problem, I have noticed that the figure generated by w2web
can be wrong (it sometimes puts all the gamma points at lower and lower
values for increasing k-vector, but this is not seen in the ene file so my
guess is there could be just a small problem in a script). I converge to
fc=0.5 which means that both the total energy and the charge distances are
VERY small. Iäm using 24 k point first to do  the scf (calculations were
already converged at 12), with a Rmt*kmax of 5.43 (5 was found to be good
enough). The system is comprised of 70 Ge atoms. The kpath has 150 sampling
points.

Mick