[Wien] open core and ferromagnetic calculation

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Feb 28 18:28:27 CET 2005

a) Remember, nowadays I'd rather recommend LDA+U for Gd 4f than open core
treatment.
b) For spinpolarized core you need two files, case.incup and incdn
(cp case.inc case.incup     and dn)

c) You made a wrong inc file:

These two lines correspond to the 3/2 and 4/2 states, both are 4f states
!! and the occupation in the case.incup file must be   6  and   8,
respectively, but not 0 and 7.
Because you do it spinpolarized, the occupations will be divided
internally by two.
Of course for case.incdn the occupations should be zero (I think I would
even omit the 4f states in case.incdn, because a large shift might be
necessary).