[Wien] Configuration of SWAP

Martin Gelfand gelfand at lamar.ColoState.EDU
Sat Jan 8 20:14:57 CET 2005

Swap space is managed entirely by the operating system,
so there's nothing to configure except to let the OS know
that it exists (under linux, by an entry in /etc/fstab).

1.8GB seems grossly excessive---if you end up using that
much swap your calculations will go so slowly you might
as well not bother with them, you'll want to find a machine
that has lots more RAM.

Since this question doesn't have anything to do with WIEN,
feel free to contact me off-list if you have follow-up
questions.  Unless you meant "scratch" rather than "swap"....

Regards,
Martin Gelfand
Colorado State University
Department of Physics