[Wien] use eosfit

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Jan 13 21:17:22 CET 2005

> I have a question. Can I use eosfit program to calculate any data I
> have? Does the energy have to be in unit of Ry? Would you please tell
> me how to do this?

I don't know what you mean by 'any data I have'. Do you mean that you
have (energy, volume) pairs in e.g. (eV, A^3) instead of (Ry, au^3)?
In that case, you can make the fit, but its parameters will not be
what they are meant to be. Look at the Murnaghan equation :

E=B*V/BP*(1/(BP-1)*(V0/V)**BP +1)

You will understand that if you put E or V in different units, then
also B, BP and V0 will have different units. With some effort, you
will be able to figure out which units. But it is far more easier to
convert your (energy, volume) to (Ry, au^3) first, and then apply
eosfit as it is.

Stefaan