[Wien] Calculation of core-hole spectra

buero at luitz.at buero at luitz.at
Fri Jan 14 22:21:48 CET 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Rebecca Nicholls wrote:

> the mist has lifted!!

The word "Mist" in german means "garbage". That's the reason why Rolls
Royce decided to rename their model "Silver Mist" to "Silver Shadow"...

In that sense don't forget that what we do here is "magic". Our core-hole
calculations are in no way whatsoever justified by the underlying density
functional theory, which is valid only for the ground state.

Nonetheless, we're happy that it works that well :-)

All the best
   Joachim

--
luitz.at | interfacing art, science and technology

Dipl.-Ing. Joachim Luitz KEG
Wohlmuthgasse 18 . A-3003 Gablitz . T +43 2231 61254 | Fax +43 2231 67443
buero at luitz.at . http://www.luitz.at . callto://jluitz