[Wien] energy convergence respect to k-points

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Mon Jan 17 07:58:59 CET 2005

Dear Leonardo,

you are calculating different solutions to the Schrödinger-like
equation. When spin-polarization is not symmetric with respect to the
deviation from the non-spin-polarized result, the total energy will
change. If your system is spin-polarized, I would expect LSDA to
converge faster than LDA, since it is closer to the physical solution
(in the infinite medium), but maybe this is not generel...

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.