[Wien] Re: use eosfit

Ling Miao lmiao at eng.usf.edu
Thu Jan 20 01:25:38 CET 2005

Hi Stefaan,

I looked at the eosfit.def file, it is like what you have said.(I do not
know what the lables are, like 55,66,9, is it a format of def
file?) However when I tried to run eosfit by typing 'eosfit', it did not
give me the question you mentioned, in stead it said
'GTFNAM - Exactly one commandline argument has to be given.'
Then I tried add .vol file's name after eosfit, like 'eosfit case.vol',
it gives me another message below:

 ERROR IN OPENING UNIT:           91
        FILENAME:
 -10094.085451
   STATUS: 99.46282     FORM:-10094.0956
OPEN FAILED

my vol. file (obtained from w2web) is:

      91.81184        -10094.085451
      99.46282        -10094.095665
      96.91249        -10094.093658
      94.36214        -10094.090285
     112.21444        -10094.091689
     102.01314        -10094.096531
     104.56348        -10094.096478
     107.11381        -10094.095559
     109.66414        -10094.093944

where first column is volume and the second is energy. I do not know what
is the mistake that cause the error.  How do you run the program? do you
just type eosfit? Would you please give me more help?

Thank you very much,
Ling