[Wien] SPLIT parameter for ELNES calculation

Jorissen Kevin Kevin.Jorissen at ua.ac.be
Fri Jan 21 00:50:41 CET 2005

Yes, you are right.

Kevin Jorissen

EMAT - Electron Microscopy for Materials Science   (http://webhost.ua.ac.be/emat/)
Dept. of Physics

UA - Universiteit Antwerpen
Groenenborgerlaan 171
B-2020 Antwerpen
Belgium

tel  +32 3 2653249
fax + 32 3 2653257
e-mail kevin.jorissen at ua.ac.be

________________________________

Van: wien-admin at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at namens Shu Miao
Verzonden: do 20-1-2005 23:49
Aan: wien at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Onderwerp: RE: [Wien] SPLIT parameter for ELNES calculation

L2 and L3 edges in experimental spectra actually come from different atoms
whose final states are different, if we assume only one electron
excitation in a single atom. So the automatic generation of both L2 and L3
in telnes is a time-saving way to know what the spectra looks like, but
not very close to the actual process. To get more strict results, it's
better to work out L2 and L3 respectively with different core-hole
configurations and superimpose them. Is this undestanding correct?
This question may seem to be trivial and it's indeed not necessary to be
so strict in many cases. However, I just want to make things clear since
I' m working on the fine structure of EELS.

Thanks

Shu Miao