[Wien] How to construct a Pt(111) surface

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jan 21 22:31:46 CET 2005

In "example_struct_files" there is a 23-layer Gold(111) surface struct
file. Most likely, you should NOT start with that many layers, but in
particular when you want to study impurities, restrict yourself toas few
layers as possible (3-5) and then use "supercell" to generate a supercell
in xy direction for your impurity calculation.