[Wien] postdoc position

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jan 25 11:36:33 CET 2005

              P o s t d o c t o r i a l   P o s i t i o n

                Technical University of Vienna, Austria
                  Institute for Materials Chemistry

A post-doctorial position funded by the EU-STREP project "Nanomesh"
is available in the area

    Electronic structure and formation of the h-BN/Rh(111) nanomesh.

The investigations will be carried out in close collaboration with our
experimental partners within this EU project. We will employ our
full-potential LAPW bandstructure package WIEN2k and in addition for
the investigation of the dynamics and self-organisation
tight-binding molecular dynamics and Kinetic Monte-Carlo
simulations are planned using parameters from the ab initio calculations.

The position is available starting with April 2005.

She/he should have some experience in Computational Condensed Matter Theory,
Unix and Fortran programming. Knowledge of molecular dynamics simulations
and in particular Kinetic Monte-Carlo would be very beneficial.

Further information on our group can be found on:

http://www.tuwien.ac.at/theochem/   and    http://www.wien2k.at

Applications with resumes, list of publications, and name (address) of referees
should be sent to (preferable by email):

Dr. P.Blaha
Institut f"ur Materialchemie
TU Wien
Getreidemarkt 9/165-TC