[Wien] ELNES( lifetime broadening)

Jorissen Kevin Kevin.Jorissen at ua.ac.be
Fri Jul 8 15:20:25 CEST 2005

Dear lu wei,

the current elnes program has no lifetime broadening : you have to find the correct width of the lorentz yourself and then do the broadening yourself.

In a few weeks, we will release a new telnes program that has built-in core hole lifetime values (which you may of course check and change) and does core hole lifetime broadening, energy dependent valence broadening, and gaussian instrumental broadening (which is what is in telnes now).

with kind regards,

Kevin Jorissen

EMAT - Electron Microscopy for Materials Science   (http://webhost.ua.ac.be/emat/)
Dept. of Physics