[Wien] VERSION_05.5

buero at luitz.at buero at luitz.at
Wed Jul 13 23:50:20 CEST 2005

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005, Peter Blaha wrote:

> The new release WIEN2k_05.5 is out.
>
> It contains in particular a new version of the TELNES program
> (+broadening + fancy w2web interface), which was
> contributed by K.Jorissen, C.Hebert and J.Luitz.
> This telnes2 program is described in the UG.

ATTENTION to TELNES users !

The version of TELNES.2 included in the release WIEN2k_05.5 is NOT yet the
final version (it still uses the shortened q-vector) !!!!

The final version will be ready probably end of this month. It will be
released together with the new version of the QTL-program of Pavel Novak
(with which TELNES.2 will work together smoothly) and include the
description of the BROADENING program.

At a later stage we have also planned to release a ''TELNES.2 tutorial'',
much like the quick-start guide of the WIEN2k user's guide.

Sorry that the "good news" were released a little too early. But you can
expect many improvements over the "old" TELNES program.

Yours
   Joachim Luitz

--
luitz.at | interfacing art, science and technology

Dipl.-Ing. Joachim Luitz KEG
Wohlmuthgasse 18 . A-3003 Gablitz . T +43 2231 61254 . Fax +43 2231 612544
buero at luitz.at . http://www.luitz.at . skype://jluitz