[Wien] What can't rlogin to the machines without input password?

ccmp at nju.edu.cn ccmp at nju.edu.cn
Sun Jul 31 08:34:18 CEST 2005

Dear All,

I try to use WIEN2k to do some calculations.

Now I am using a SGI Origin 3400 machine. The name of machine is "fermi", which
has 28 CPU. My account name is "xwan", but when I using it to do parallel-
calculation, I meet problem!

I had set a .rhosts file at the $home directory. It is:
---------------
fermi xwan
---------------

The .machines file is:
-------------
granularity:1
1:fermi
1:fermi
1:fermi
1:fermi

But I still cannot do the parallel-calculation. The reason is that when the
wien2k use "rsh fermi", my password is still required.

Could you please help me to solve this problem?

Best wish

xwan